The Research and Editorial Office of
Professor Barry H.V. Topping
Special Issues CST2018 and ECT2018:
Final Deadline for papers 1st November 2018
Advances in Engineering Software (ADES) and
Computers & Structures (CAS)
To avoid disappointment and make a sucessful submission please read this webpage fully
Information on the submission process for journal publication of extended
versions of papers presented at CST2018 and ECT2018 is on this page.
The webportals for the submission of papers will open on the 15th June 2018 and close on
1st November 2018.
Authors of conference abstracts orally presented at CST2018 and ECT2018 may submit to either ADES or CAS.
Please read the see the journal homepages to determine which of the two journals is most appropriate for your paper.
The journals have almost identical citation indices so do submit to the most appropriate journal.
Please remember that the publication and the review criteria for
archival journals are more stringent than for conference papers.
The details of the EVISE submission portal can be found by following the links from the journal homepages.
During the submission process please select the article type "SI:2018"
Please prepare your submission using information form the journal home page but see the following important
tips and tricks:
In case of problems please contact Barry Topping using the email "editor AT bhvt.org.uk" please put ADES SI or CAS SI in the subject of the email.
- Ensure that your paper is in a final state and no modifications need to be made before submitting it for review.
- Please prepare a submission letter that clearly states the abstract reference from the online portal where you submitted the conference abstract - please also quote in the submission letter the title of the abstract (which may be different from the title of the paper that you submitiing) and the name of the author that submitted the conference abstract.
- Please ensure that your account on EVISE includes your full postal address - failure to do this may result in the paper being rejected - this is needed to help avoid conflicted reviewers.
- During the submission process please select the article type "SI:2018".
- Do NOT number the lines of your paper - the system does this automatically.
- Do number the pages of your paper.
- Do NOT use a double column layout -(DCL makes review more difficult - many reviewers do not like DCL.)
- Please make sure that the english of your paper is as perfect as you can make it - reviewers who find lots of mistakes in the english - simply give up and will not review a paper that requires corrections. It is not a good strategy to expect a reviewer to correct english.
- Please recognise that the abstract and highlights are very important - if these are not good your paper will not pass initial checks.
- In the abstract make sure that you DO NOT include text that should be in the introduction. Do make sure that the abstract provides the reader with a clear statement of what is new and what contribution to the state of the art has been made in the paper. Do not write about objectives - explain what you have achieved.
- The highlights should be short numbered bullet points that indicate why the author should read your paper - they should clearly and briefly state what is new in the paper - they should NOT be long sentences - they should not be information that should be in either the abstract or introduction - they should not be a direct copy of the abstract - they should NOT be keywords - keywords should be in the keyword field.
- Advice on selecting referees: The authors of submissions must suggest at least six potential reviewers through the EVISE system please could you do this but consider the following. Please ensure that the reviewers are not conflicted. You should not have published papers or books with the persons proposed. Ideally two of the persons should be members of the journal editorial board (see the journal home page) if at all possible. (Please note you can have more than six reviewer proposals). The reviewers should not be Editors of the journal. The reviewers should generally not come from the same country or be of the same nationality as any of the authors (except in the case of editorial board members). The journals are international and therefore international referees are required. Do not select editors of CAS, ADES or other journals as they are usually overloaded and do not have time to review. Please make sure you complete all columns of the reviewer form in the submission process.
Thank you for your interest in the journal and the conference.
Professor Barry H V Topping
Advances in Engineering Software
Computers and Structures